The Art of the Italian Aperitivo
Time & Location
About the Event
Prosecco is the base for many Italian Aperitivos: the famous Aperol Spritz, the Bellini, and the less known Hugo Spritz or Negroni Sbagliato. In this online class, Chaney will teach you to make your own Spritz at home. The lecture will include a demonstration of Aperol Spritz and a “Spring Bellini/strawberry Bellini”. She will walk through what makes Prosecco such a perfect ingredient for an afternoon cocktail.
Meghan will lead you through preparing a simple "stuzzichini" based on local ingredients to pair with your sparking aperitivo.
In advance of class, participants will receive a PDF with:
- A shopping list with all of the ingredients they need to purchase
- A list of helpful kitchen tools, the detailed recipe, and other tips and tricks for success
- An overview of the the history of Apertivos, Prosecco, and stuzzichini
- The zoom link to join the event.
Our hosts and instructors for the evening will be:
* Chaney Janssen, a Certified Wine Specialist & Italian Wine Scholar.
* Meghan O'Connell, a Chef and Master of Public Health.
Waiting room will open at 3:00 pm
* paid Dante members can participate for free by logging into their account before checkout. (If it doesn't work for some reason, email Laurie at email@example.com to get a coupon code before you register).
- Sunday Apertivo$10$100$0