Sun, Feb 12|
Cabrillo, VAPA Bldg 1000
Italian Film: Mafioso (1962)
Join us for our Winter Film Series: Iconic Faces, Iconic Places *all films are in Italian with English subtitles TICKETS ARE FREE, but you still need to register
Time & Location
Feb 12, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM PST
Cabrillo, VAPA Bldg 1000, Cabrillo College, Aptos campus, in VAPA building 1000, Art History Forum room 1001
About the Event
2023 Winter Italian Film Series: Iconic Faces, Iconic Places
Series Description: The films in this winter’s series come from the Venice International Film Festival’s list of classic works that have changed the collective memory of Italy and that every Italian should know. Full of wit and still-relevant social commentary, the films bring together the legendary stars, directors, and screenwriters of the golden era of 1950s and 1960s Italian cinema in stories filmed on location in Milan, Sicily, and Rome.
The February Film will be Mafioso. Dir. Alberto Lattuada, 1962 (100 mins).
In Alberto Lattuada's brilliant dark comedy Mafioso, auto-factory foreman Nino (Alberto Sordi) takes his wife and daughters from industrial Milan to rural Sicily to visit his family and get back in touch with his roots. But Antonio gets more than he bargained for when he discovers some harsh truths about his ancestors—and himself. Lattuada's devastatingly funny character study is equal parts culture-clash farce and existential nightmare.
All films in Italian with English subtitles.
Logan Walker is a lecturer in Film and Digital Media at UC Santa Cruz and Director of Programming for the Santa Cruz Film Festival. He will be introducing the films and field questions at the end of each showing.
All guests are required to pre-register for their free ticket and follow the Cabrillo Covid-19 Policy for VAPA events (as of Jan. 30, 2023):
* All patrons are required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth indoors and throughout the performance regardless of vaccination status.
* An N95, KN95, or a double mask is encouraged, but not required.
* All patrons are encouraged to be fully vaccinated, but it is not required.
* Patrons not properly masked will not be admitted to the event.
* Patrons who are not admitted will not be given refunds.
* No valved masks, neck gaiters, or bandanas.
* Food and drinks are not permitted in the venue with the exception of bottled water.
Street parking is free or you can pay for parking in the closest parking lot "L" near the Music and Theater buildings / pay at the kiosk machine.
- Ticket type
Dante Italian Film SeriesPrice$0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out