Cooking Class & Wine Tasting with "Destined for Grapeness"
Time & Location
About the Event
Sicily’s bold food and wines perfectly mirror the vibrant people and geography of the island. Sipping the right wine can help you envision picture-perfect beaches, transport you to the ancient ruins, or conjure up images of an active volcano. In this class, we’ll taste a red wine from Etna Rosso and learn a simple and quick recipe for making your own pizza dough. You’ll top it with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc., and then we’ll teach you to cook it to perfection.
In advance of class, participants will receive a PDF with:
- A shopping list with all of the ingredients they need to purchase
- A list of helpful kitchen tools, the detailed recipe, and other tips and tricks for success
- A link to purchase the wine online from an Italian wine shop in San Francisco and a list of alternate Sicilain wines that are sold locally at Santa Cruz and Aptos wine shops
- An overview of the Sicilian wine region
- The zoom link to join the event.
Our hosts and instructors for the evening will be:
* Chaney Janssen, a Certified Wine Specialist & Italian Wine Scholar.
* Meghan O'Connell, a Chef and Master of Public Health.
Waiting room will open at 5:15pm